Welcome Back to Kaua’i
This week the Governor of Hawaii announced that trans-Pacific travel will resume on October 15th, allowing residents and visitors to return to Kaua‘i without the need to quarantine upon arrival, only if they have followed the pre-testing protocols. A pre-travel testing plan requires that all travelers coming to the State of Hawai‘i be tested for COVID-19 with an NAAT test, and show a negative test result, within 72 hours prior to departure. The State of Hawai‘i has agreements in place with CVS Pharmacies, Kaiser Permanente, Walgreens and others who will offer the tests for this pre-testing program. To begin planning your here is a summary of the most important details every traveler should know.
Before you Book:
• The pre-testing program requires a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).
• Arriving passengers will be exempt from the 14-day quarantine if they test negative for COVID-19 no more than 72 hours in advance
• Tests must be conducted in a certified lab.
• If test results are not available, travelers must quarantine upon arrival to Hawaii until they receive their results.
• All travelers must be tested, including children.
• Travelers must pay for their own testing.
• No testing for travelers will take place in Hawaii or at Hawaii airports.
This program continues to evolve, and as updates become available we will be in touch. For the most up-to-date travel information please visit the State of Hawai‘i Department of Health website. Until then, I send my warmest aloha and look forward to greeting you in the very near future.